There’s no getting around the changing weather in McHenry, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees can help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Jett's Heating & Air Inc. expert comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few basic ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures dip in McHenry. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the experts at Jett's Heating & Air Inc. a call at 815-410-1128 to start saving a little more today.