Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in McHenry is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Jett's Heating & Air Inc. always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning over the summer.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Jett's Heating & Air Inc. in McHenry at 815-410-1128 today.