Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in McHenry are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of your filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder and can also impact the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Jett's Heating & Air Inc. in McHenry offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 815-410-1128 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.