Having standard air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the McHenry summer, have the professionals at Jett's Heating & Air Inc. perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illegally releasing it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Jett's Heating & Air Inc. today at 815-410-1128.