During the colder McHenry months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Jett's Heating & Air Inc. will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Jett's Heating & Air Inc. as soon as possible if you observe any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Jett's Heating & Air Inc. can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Jett's Heating & Air Inc. at 815-410-1128 or book an appointment with us online.