In McHenry you count on your furnace
to keep you comfy throughout the colder months. If it’s been a while since you had a regular maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be needing a furnace repair
visit sooner rather than later. At the very least, you could have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and effect your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause trouble with your furnace’s limit switch, which works furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some indicators for you to scan for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in an expert, like Jett's Heating & Air Inc., if you notice any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as easily as it should, or does it seem tired? Signs related to your blower could suggest a bit of a problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still chilly? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating noisily or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and cut off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a clogged condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC pros to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a series of complications. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Jett's Heating & Air Inc. at 815-410-1128 when you need to schedule repairs or regular maintenance.