As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in McHenry? Even if your cooling system is newer or was operating well last year.
Here’s one approach to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never expect to book any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your system inspected yearly by a Jett's Heating & Air Inc. specialist can help locate little issues before they turn into huge malfunctions. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to take care of delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect inside your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy needs—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling bill and in the long-term, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as quickly.
- It helps spot little issues before they become major, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine parts and carry out a series of air conditioning performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to identify troubles before they lead to big troubles that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver trouble-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is prepped to give worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your unit is at risk for advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC tune-up should include an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the ensuing spots and parts:
- Total system condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Jett's Heating & Air Inc.
Now is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Jett's Heating & Air Inc. pros a ring at 815-410-1128 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your house, don’t forget to browse our discount offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.