With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly heighten your expenses and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Jett's Heating & Air Inc. professional do air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system operating efficiently for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is running properly and can identify looming problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might harm your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area surrounding your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has different needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at Jett's Heating & Air Inc. a call at 815-410-1128.