Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in McHenry during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Jett's Heating & Air Inc. will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Jett's Heating & Air Inc. at 815-410-1128 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.